Thursday, March 15, 2012

Epidemic or Obsession?

Photobucket Photobucket I took on to Twitter to discuss the leopard/cheetah print trend that has reared its fancy head all over the fashion scene from accessories to dresses the last 3 years. It has been a driving force of consumption and doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon. I was on the train 2 days ago and I saw 7 girls with leopard print scarves! I felt, OMG, this is getting to be a bit much... (Although I did wear leopard today as featured on my round frame bag) But what to do when the trend is such an obsession? How do you feel? xodahlings

4 comments:

  1. When a trend is such an obsession I think it's important to not overload ourselves and continue to let our personal style shine. So, perhaps the silhouette of a leopard dress - look for a distinct silhouette and consider the amount of leopard you'd like to incorporate. Is it a splash or the foundation of your outfit? If so how do you want to insert it? On a shoe, a scarf or a shirt? Maybe just a bangle

    Also look for a quality print, I feel that a lot of leopard prints look cheap, but I think that is more so to do with fabric the detail is what is important when there is trend overload, not the fact that everyone is wearing it :)

    Like your bag, I'm particularly fond of leopard and not cheetah so I love rosette with the central spot look. *steps off soapbox*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great perspective Natalie! Quality never goes out of style! No love for cheetah dahling??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and indeed, quality is key! As for the cheetah... hehe on me not so much. On others? Hey, show me what you're working with! Haha how do you feel about cheetah?

    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome! Cheetah is great as an accent! I'll have to see what's in my closet for a post! xo

    ReplyDelete