Saturday, May 8, 2010

What's on Your Feet?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There are some shoes that hit the trends but don't strike the sexy chord. These basket woven pairs from Zara immediately caught my attention while I was dashing to the men's department. It was a combination of things, the height, the contrast of the black and white, the peep toe and most strikingly the vertical lines that seemed to promise unlimited height to my short frame.
I told my assistant to grab a 38 and a 37! We continued down to the men's department and I told the associate to hold the shoes for me, I needed a moment to ponder. She's used to my frenzy so she nodded and looked at my assistant with that "I feel for you look." I kept it moving, whatever, I treat fashion like a discovery hunt! You find the target, aim and catch your breath!
I waiting 4 days to try on the shoes (no I wasn't still trying to catch my breath...) I just felt like I liked looking at the shoe more than wanting to wear it. I knew instantly the problems. The shoe would make my legs look like tree trunks, but I wanted the challenge to style it and give it hope that it could become wearable for me.
I'll pair up some looks and keep you posted dahlings!

Its been a while. Thanks for checking in on the blog periodically! I appreciate each of you!
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. what are the name of those shoes? what zara did you get them from? i am in ohio, but i must have them, even if I have to order them over the phone....FABOULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its Special Edition ART.:1302/301/040 or barcode #11302301040386 I got them from the SOHO Zara in NYC. Its a leather basket weave style. Cost $189.00. I hope one of these numbers work. Let me know how it goes!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I sent my friend, who lives in Brooklyn, to the SOHO Zara. I am soooooo sad to say that shoe was sold out...I really wish we had a location in Cleveland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shoe is now at the Zara on 5Th avenue and 54th street! I just left the store today!

    ReplyDelete